This Privacy Statement sets out Northcrest Insurance Brokers’ practices relating to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information.
What personal information we collect
The personal information we may collect includes:
- Your name;
- Your telephone number and/ or email address;
- Your address or location;
- Recordings of your interactions with us;
- Financial, billing or invoicing information including bank account numbers; and
- Insurance information including details of assets and past insurance claims.
How and why we collect your personal information.
We collect, hold, use and disclose this personal information for the purpose of providing our services to you. These include:
- Assessing and managing your insurance application and policy or policies
- Communicating with you about our products and services
- Administering claims
- Responding to requests, enquiries, complaints
- Managing and processing payments, transaction records, receipts and invoices
If you do not provide the information sought by us, Northcrest Insurance Brokers may not be able to provide the services you require.
Disclosure of your personal information to third parties.
- Insurers, to arrange an insurance policy for you, to get quotes, or to administer claims
- Assessors appointed by your insurer to assess or investigate your claim;
- Others named on your policy as co-insureds in relation to your policy;
- Repairers or suppliers in relation to repairing or replacing your insured items;
- Mortgagees and others with a recorded financial interest on your insurance policy or policies
- Premium Funding Finance Limited in order to provide you with premium financing if you request it; and
- Disputes resolution services in order to resolve any dispute that we might have with you.
Where your personal information is provided to these third parties to enable them to perform their agreed activities, they are required to abide by the Privacy Act and use the personal information provided for the sole purpose of supplying their specific services.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party if we are required to comply with any laws in New Zealand or overseas that apply to us, to you, or the services we provide.
Security and access to your personal information
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of all personal information you provide to us. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is accurate, complete, up-to date, stored in a secure environment, and protected from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your personal information.
We aim to always have accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant personal information. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information. When you deal with us, you should take the time to check the information we hold about you is correct. You can request access to or correction of your personal information by contacting us using the details below.
The Privacy Act gives you the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. You may be charged the reasonable expenses incurred in giving you any information you have requested (such as searching & copying costs). Any such requests should be submitted in writing to the contact details set out below.
How to contact us